Write answers of the following ;
- Write in brief about the three Anglo – Maratha War?
- Explain the new policy of paramountry inherited by Lord Warren Hastings. What challenges did this policy face?
Fill in the blanks:
- In 1765 the Mughal Emperor appointed the Company as the Diwan of the provinces of _________.
- Aurangzeb died in the year _________________.
- The Battle of _________________ was fought in 1757.
- The _________________ war resulting in the British gaining Orissa, Agra and Delhi.
- The first English ships sailed down the west coast of _________________, round the Cape of Good Hope and crossed the Indian Ocean.
- Tipu Sultan died defending his capital _________________ on 4 May 1799.
- In the late 1830, the East India Company became worried about _________________ that might expand across Asia and enter India from the North-West.