03.04.2017 Communication from Delhi Public School Tapi
Dear Parent / Authorised Guardian
Welcome to Academic Session 2017-18!
The DPS Tapi Team is eager to implement new academic and co-curricular programmes planned for your ward. Extra activity camps before/after school will begin in June. CBSE has modified examination patterns in Classes VI-X. New, enhanced reading curriculum in pre-primary classes and enriched extra-textual inputs in primary curriculum has been added. School canteen will be available Monday to Saturday in the new session for students of Classes I-X who wish to purchase snacks. You will receive timely notifications on all new developments.
Quick communication between school and home is crucial for the success of our Learning Partnership. To this end, a checklist is provided below for you to tick off in readiness for the new session:
- Download the DPS Tapi Android/ios App on your mobile device for official communications, HW, report cards and other school events.
- Follow your ward’s Class Blog, Activity Blog, Indian Languages Blog.
- Tag as Favourites: DPS Tapi Website, Twitter, Facebook, Principal’s Blog
- Submit 5 recent passport size photographs of your ward in school uniform (name & admission number written behind each photo) to your ward’s class teacher on date of joining.
- Submit registration and driver details of private vehicles commuting ward to school (mandatory police and RTO regulations) at DPS Tapi academic office on date of joining.
- Classes I-II wear Blue House T-shirt and Track Pants on Tuesday & Friday.
- Classes III-X wear Blue House T-shirt and Track Pants on Tuesday & Saturday.
- Read rules in the DPS Tapi Learning Partnership Guidegiven to you.
Some frequent ‘conflict’ areas are cited below:
- Students without the mandatory Radio Frequency Identity Card (RFID Card), with mehndi application, and boys wearing earring may not enter school bus/campus and will be sent home if already at school.
- Students may be sent home and suspended for serious misbehaviour.
- In case of medical leave of 3 or more days, it is mandatory to submit a medical fitness certificate issued by a doctor (preferably not parent) on rejoining day.
- Attendance being mandatory on first and last days of term, absence on these days will count as attendance shortfall in annual total 90% attendance.
- Pre-Nursery to Class V students should be escorted to/from the bus stop by a responsible adult showing the parent ID-card.
- Parent/Guardian may not enter the school campus without Parent RFID-Card. Duplicate Parent ID Card may be issued on Application to principal.
- Label all uniform & personal belongings of your ward with Admission No. Unlabelled items will not be retained in the Lost & Found Section.
- Any electronic device like cellphone, camera, iPod, etc. found with student will be confiscated with no return.
- Tuition is strongly discouraged. Resolve homework doubts directly with the teacher at school.
- Nutritious vegetarian tiffin, along with a clean tiffin mat and napkin every day is recommended.
- It is strictly forbidden to contact staff members outside official channels.
We look forward to an eventful and promising new session!
Dr. Sanjukta Sivakumar